Sunday, January 31, 2010

We're Ready Wyatt!


This past week I got a pedicure and a haircut so I told Wyatt I'm ready any time he is.  I'm heading into my 37th week of pregnancy which means our little cowboy is full term!!!  Incredible.  Thank goodness the Lord knows exactly when he'll be arriving or I might worry myself into a frenzy.  


For the word of the LORD is right and true; he is faithful in all he does. 
Psalm 33:3-5

The nursery is complete after much sewing and arranging.  Kudos to Wyatt's Nonie for re-teaching me how to sew and pretty much creating his bedding single handedly.  She is so fabulous on a sewing machine!  I couldn't find any custom bedding that I liked, much less a set that was affordable, so we decided to sew our own.  






Rob came home from three months in Tulsa Jan. 22nd and got a full tour of babyland on Plum Street.  He was impressed with the preparations I had made and slightly terrified of the miniscule socks.  I think it hit home how tiny Wyatt will be at first.  But we're both so (ridiculously) excited for him to be here.  










Yay for organization!  Thanks to the Burch family Wyatt is as organized as his Momma can possibly manage.  I find myself walking in his room just to look at his little clothes.



Wyatt's Opie Greg bought him his first pair of real cowboy boots- no padded soles for this guy!

This is the crib pre-sanding and painting.  I bought it from a lady in Dallas off Craigslist and refinished it in one day.  All the muscles in my hands were aching the next day but it was worth it.  You can kind of see the rocker in the background before I painted it as well.  


P.S. I need a few blog lessons.  I can't figure out how to add a border to my pics or why some of my text looks like a hyperlink.  Any takers?  

2 comments:

  1. hey girl! the pics are so cute. umm if your text looks like a hyperlink you might want to check and see what font, etc you are using when you post. also, when you put in pictures a lot of times blogspot gets upset, so always go back and check it out before you post- that helps me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The whole nursery is precious. My favorite part is the star and the little tie on the bedding bumper. You guys are all set up! Take care of yourself. I'm so glad to hear you got a pedicure. The nurses who stand at your feet with be appreciative for sure. ;)

    ReplyDelete