Thursday, December 16, 2010

I went thrifting!

While I appreciate and occasionally shop Nordstrom/Neiman's/Sak's etc, I receive greater joy in hunting and digging and elbowing searching my way to extremely thrifty finds.  My greatest find so far has been a top handled Speedy 30 Louis Vuitton handbag for $5.  And it wasn't even one of those plasticy obviously hot off the press in Thailand bags.  Alright, it's probably fake but I did find it at a Goodwill in San Antonio located precariously close to Alamo Heights.  

Before I reveal my fabulous thrifting finds... I found this picture on my phone and had to show you. We recently came to the conclusion that Wyatt has a strong gag reflex.  Our doctor confirmed this last week.  I wonder where he gets it from...


Anyway.

My friend Kimberly and I drove up to Wichita Falls today with our boys to hit up a couple of the local thrift stores.  Here is her son, Kollin, and Wyatt playing standing next to each other at Bible study.  Kollin is three months old and he's a doll!  Wyatt gets so excited when other babies are around.  He does his machine gun laugh, bounces up and down, and reaches for them.  See excitement below.
 


A leisurely day of thrifting and this is what you get:
A large sack of Avent bottles, nipples and dishwasher container for $2.  Seriously?  I was about to order 76 more of these from Babies R Us because I've been washing the three that I have OVER AND OVER AND OVER. 


My friend Val had just sent me a link to a sale at Ballard Designs. These beauties had been knocked from $70!? to $40 for a set of three.  I was tempted but restrained myself. And good thing.

Everyday Silver Pillar Candlesticks - Assorted Set of 3

Because I snagged this faux set of three for $8 at Goodwill today! Well, one of them is a lamp but I'll probably group them together anyway. 



Glass cheese cover-turned-cloche- $1.50
Mustard yellow and grey damask frame- $1.50
Candle warmer to positively SQUEEZE the last scent out of my Bath & Body Works 'Winter' candle- $1.50


5 pairs of pants, 4 shirts, 5 onesies, a pair of overalls and a set of PJs for Wyatt- $16 at $0.99/ea
(His arms currently look exactly like sausages stuffed in 6-9 month size casings) 
Box of swim diapers with one missing- $2
Veggie Tales VHS "Where's God When I'm S-Scared?"- $0.99
(Yes we still have a VHS player. It still works, why get rid of some of my favorite movies that we already own on VHS?)


Rob was proud. :)

1 comment:

  1. You do realize that you didn't show us a picture of the purse?

    ReplyDelete