Saturday, August 6, 2011

Virtual design is so fun!

So I spent this evening with HGTV on in the background and a high end design software on my trusty Mac.  And by high end I mean Powerpoint.  Yes, I transformed the outside of our new house using a program meant for board meetings.  And is was SO FUN!

It's a very rough idea of what we want so be kind. 


BEFORE



AFTER



We took a family trip to Home Depot this evening to peruse the flooring options and paint swatches.
It reminded us very much of that scene is Old School where Will Ferrell is describing why he can't go out with the guys.

Frank: I told my wife I wouldn't drink tonight. Besides, I got a big day tomorrow. You guys have a great time. 
College Student: A big day? Doing what? 
Frank: Well, um, actually a pretty nice little Saturday, we're going to go to Home Depot. Yeah, buy some wallpaper, maybe get some flooring, stuff like that. Maybe Bed, Bath, & Beyond, I don't know, I don't know if we'll have enough time.





I actually find that movie quite crude but parts of it are hilarious.


Wow.  All of that to say... 
We round the corner of the store into the 'tool cove' as Rob calls it, and he says, "I feel like Aerial on the Little Mermaid when she finally gets her voice back."

1 comment:

  1. How exciting! I can't wait to see what you do with the house! You are so talented. :) Love you friend!

    ReplyDelete