Saturday, August 27, 2011

Yard Sale Saturday

Most of the time when I visit yard sales I don't find anything worth buying.  I'd say 1 in 3 holds a decent treasure, 1 in every 15 holds a jewel.  Wyatt always finds something he wants, but I'm ok with that because it's usually 10 cents or free.  :)

This morning was a jewel kind of morning.  After about seven sales, Wyatt was wilting and I was pleased with myself for not buying anything save for a plastic robot dog that Wyatt wouldn't part with. You see, we're still in a hotel.  And still, I cannot stop myself from garage sale-ing.  It gives us something to do on Friday and Saturday mornings, alright! 

Until this morning I've shied away from estate sales and I'm not sure why.  I think I've been intimidated by their formalness- and you have to walk through a strangers house like I'm walking through a Wal-Mart.  A bit strange to me.  But I went for it today.  Good thing we did!

I walked through a mostly empty kitchen and a living room full of 60's style furniture into the garage to find this:


!!! I've seen replicas of these 50's style lawn chairs in boutiques and shops all over, none of them cheap affordable.  However, I'm fairly certain this set isn't a replica judging from the decor of the rest of the home.  


They had $125 on the set of three pieces, but after some haggling (they'd already marked it down twice) we agreed on $45!
I hope you are not offended by my price sharing, but I'm always interested in what people pay and am excited when I see someone get a steal of a deal!  







Woo Hoo!




No comments:

Post a Comment