Sunday, September 25, 2011

Homemade Tortillas

The other night we had tacos on the menu and no tortillas in the house.  But tacos really sounded good so I put on my Martha apron and googled 'homemade tortillas'.  The Pioneer Woman has a fabulous recipe that is very easy.  It just takes time.  I ran out of white flour and used whole wheat flour for more than half of the flour measurement with great results.

And lucky for me, I have an assistant cook who was more than willing to help!


Pastry cutter abandoned, Wyatt shows us that working with your hands is much more satisfying.







The finished product. YUM.
The recipe makes about 15 tortillas and they didn't last more than 24 hours.


1 comment:

  1. Yum, that sounds amazing! Of course, my favorite part was your little helper. I especially like his guilty expression in the last photo. :)

    ReplyDelete